Thursday, January 7, 2010

Another day, another dollar

I'm transitioning well into 2010, trying to not only keep my new year's resolutions in mind, but also my long term goals. I feel as though focusing on long term goals will help me remember why I engage in some of the not-always-pleasant activities that I do now.

In keeping with my "survive grad school" resolution, I have paid my deposit to George Mason, and registered for two classes my first semester. I will now have class from 4:30 - 10:00 on Monday evenings. I know, this doesn't sound fun, especially since I will also have to work from 8:30 am - 3:30 pm on Mondays. However, once I realized I would have to sign up for a 4:30 class (my original intention was to try to go for two 7:30 classes on different nights), I decided that perhaps my best course of action would be to get both classes out of the way on one evening, and then have the rest of the week to study and do homework. Monday is already a crappy day, so I'm not ruining my favorite day of the week. With two classes on the same day, I'm not likely to skip, and rarely does something come up on a Monday evening that would make skipping worthwhile anyway.

I thought that transition back to work after the holidays would be hard to do, but actually, things are going quite well. There is work to do, not that everyone is back in the office, which certainly helps the situation. I look forward to seeing what the conference committee comes up with for the final health reform bill.

No comments: